Sooooo my blog was nominated for an award (Insert excited jumping a screaming here)!!!!
There is no way to express just how excited I am. I never would have thought I would be nominated for something like this. The wonderful With Love From P nominated me for the Liebster Award, and I am so grateful. Not only am I so excited for the nomination but to be chosen by such a wonderful blogger is amazing.
I read her blog and love how real she is. Her posts are ones that I make me say, “Yes that is exactly it!” She empowers women, specifically moms, through her writing. When I read her posts, I realize everything we feel or do is ok, and we are all excellent mothers!
The Liebster Award is an online award given to a blogger by other bloggers to help recognize and support up and coming bloggers around the world. To learn more about this award click here.
Liebster means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcomed. The fact that someone saw this and thought of my blog is warms my heart.
I started blogging because writing is something that fills my cup. Having experienced postpartum depression, I know how important it is to fill my cup. I can’t nourish my family if I am not nourished. Battling maternal mental illness was so hard, even more so because of the stigma attached to it. The stigma that even I had ingrained in my mind about it.
There are millions of women worldwide who battle maternal mental illness. I wanted to help spread the word because I believe the more we talk about it, the less the stigma. I hope others read my blog and realize they are not alone. It is ok to not be ok, it is ok to ask for help.
With this nomination, comes some homework…fun homework…
Write 10 Random Facts About Yourself
1. I am a foodie
2. I love traveling…hate packing
3. Planes scare me so when I travel I have some superstitions that make me feel better
4. Coffee is my drink of choice
5. Tea is a close second
6. I found yoga after my second child, and it has been the best thing ever!
7. Simple things make me happy…like drinking my coffee outdoors in cooler weather
8. Disney is my happy place
9. I have moved over 20 times (usually back and forth from Colombia)
10. I could live off Sushi and Chocolate
Answer the 11 questions given to you by the blogger who nominated you:
1. What is something you learned only after it was too late?
I learned that I need to speak up and ask for help. I learned not to keep quiet just because I feel others might think poorly of me. Had I spoken up and admitted I needed help my postpartum depression could have been under control much sooner.
2. Tell me about the best day of your life?
I have so many best days I can’t really think of just one. My kids’ births, and marrying my husband top the list.
3. If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
I would like to be able to teleport myself. I love traveling, I am not a fan of flying so being able to just zoom all over would be awesome!
4. If you were trapped on a desert island what 3 things couldn’t you live without?
Ok things (not people)…I would say my phone in attempts to reach anybody to save me, my yoga mat, and a family album.
5. What is your ultimate blogging dream?
To truly help stamp out the stigma of maternal mental health, and mental health in general. TO help others understand that they are not alone. That asking for help doesn’t make you weak. That PPD doesn’t make you a bad mother. That keeping yourself nourished, and nourishing yourself first, is vital for your mental health.
6. What is the meaning of life?
TO ENJOY IT!
7. If you could be a fly on the wall, what would you do and where would you be?
I would love to be a fly on the wall at The Food Network…because I could eat fantastic food ALL DAY!
8. What is your biggest purchase?
9. What advice would you give your younger self?
Don’t worry about things that are out of your control.
10. Name a secret you’ve been too scared/embarrassed to tell anyone?
I love Disney movies! And I don’t just mean the ones I grew up with or the live-action remakes…I include the TV movies they make now. Anytime my kids watch Descendants I am watching right along with them.
11. Describe yourself in 3 words?
Shy, Positive, Sensitive
Nominate other bloggers
1. Tadpoles and Mud Puddles
2. My Pink Butterflies
3. Deimile Soares
4. Southern Simple Blessed
5. 3 Lil Ladies N Me
6. The Fearless Mommy
7. Lorena Obvious
8. Bombing At Momming
9. Sippy Cup of Coffee
10.My Chaotic Brain
The Official Rules of the Liebster Awards 2018 can be found here.
Questions for my nominees
1. If u were a kind of weather what kind of weather would u be and why?
2. How would you describe yourself? Now as someone else to describe you? Are the answers similar or different? If they are different why do you think that is?
3. Are you comfortable with the person you are currently? Why or why not?
4. What did you Google last?
5. What was the most awkward conversation you have overheard?
6. You can eat 1 thing for the rest of your life, what is it?
7. What has changed about you since you started blogging?
8. Which actor/actress would play you in a movie about your life?
9. If you could have lunch with anyone, who would it be? Why? What would you order?
10. What have u seen that u wish you could un-see?
11. What would 2008 think about your answers to these questions?
Thank you again With Love From P for this nomination, I am truly honored. Good luck to everyone nominated!